Wednesday, June 8, 2011

BRIGHT AND WHIMSICAL PLAYROOM {WEDNESDAY DESIGN INSPIRATIONS}

I am an interior designer gone photographer; so why not share some fun interior design ideas and inspiration.

This room is our playroom/game room (or should I say Just Dance room).  It is not a very big room, so I wanted to be sure to keep the furniture to a minimum, and keep it open and bright.  Most of the items where found on craigslist, or at consignment shops.  I love designing on a budget, but within reason.  I try to find a nice balance between great finds and dirt cheap prices, but at the same time, incorporating a few of those irresistible unique items.
Enjoy...


The TV cabinet was a fabulous $20 Craigslist find!  I needed some more color on the wall, so I covered some canvas boards with fabric and stenciled on the silhouettes.  I wanted them to be identical so I could maintain some symmetry in the room.  Fabric wall art is one of my favorite, inexpensive ways to bring in large wall art at an affordable price.  Plus, I needed something to downplay the slightly overpowering TV.


The wallpaper doesn't photograph well because it is so subtle, but if you look close, the back wall has a fun, yet simple wallpaper application.  I am a huge fan of wallpaper, and I can't get enough!  It is so simple to do, and a very inexpensive way to spice up a room.


Along with keeping things simple, I chose to use white sheers to dress the windows.  They soften up the window a little, but don't block the light or view of our backyard...perfect!


I had a little extra wallpaper, so I had to put it to use.  I cutout these fun bird shapes out of wallpaper and pasted them to the wall...perfect finishing touch!

No comments:

Post a Comment