Wednesday, June 22, 2011

CLASSIC SIMPLICITY, PINK GIRLS ROOM {WEDNESDAY DESIGN INSPIRATION}

This is my 3 year old Mya's bedroom.  We love all things pink, chic, and girly in our house.  As I've mentioned before, I always believe that less is more when it comes to Interior Design.  A good designer knows when, where, and how to edit out unnecessary items in a room.  I kept my colors very simple, and repetitive which brings in a sense of cohesiveness.  The striped wall could have overwhelmed the room, but by using muted tones and simple accessories, it works.  The soft pink drape also works well to soften the wall.  I am a big fan of accent walls. and striping the entire room would have been a little daunting, so I chose to only accent the focal wall.  I also chose these simple, classic Pottery Barn Kids quilts which compliment the room very nicely.  I think they are the perfect touch!
I am a huge fan of all things white!  I love love love all the simple white furniture in this room.  I feel that white is such a timeless color.  It is so fresh, clean, and it goes great with almost any style.  The bunk beds in this room are from Pottery Barn Kids as well.  This is the smallest room in the house, yet it could comfortable sleep 3 little ones!  At this point, it only sleeps one spoiled 3 year old, but it's great when cousins come over.

This is actually my dresser from when I was a baby.  With a little sanding, spray paint, and new handles, it's good as new!  One of my favorite pieces in the room is this fabulous Ikea pendant light.  It brings a perfect modern punch to the room.  I hand painted the letters for Mya's name, which tie in great with the striped frames that I painted as well.  I am honestly not much of a crafter, but these simple letters and painted frames where so easy, and hard to mess up.
I hope you've enjoyed this weeks inspiration room!

1 comment: