Wednesday, June 15, 2011

MODERN DINNING WITH A TOUCH OF VINTAGE {WEDNESDAY DESIGN INSPIRATION}

This would have to be one of my favorite rooms in the house, but there's a good chance I say that about every room!  When we built this house, one of my top priorities was to have a formal room so my house looks presentable when people first come in my home.

I change this room for each season, so here is my bright Spring/Summer Dinning and Entry...


My Entry has a subtle, yet elegant damask wallpaper application.  The ceilings in this area are very tall, so I wanted something that would bring the eye up, which this does very well.  One of my favorite finds are these adorable bird plates.  They are from Pier One, and I feel that they tie in some of the vintage items that I have incorporated into the space.  The blue chair and chalk board frames where great yard sale finds that I spray painted with high gloss spray paint.


Thank you Pottery Barn for the fabulous, elegant silk Drapes, the oversize fork and spoon, and the large candle sconce.  Pottery Barn has such timeless pieces that can go great in many different styled rooms.  I needed a pop of color, so I used the extra upholstery fabric from the chair and made some fun wall hangings, and of course topped of the room with photos of my daughters.  All of my large basic pieces are very timeless and simple, which makes it possible for me to change my dinning room for each season!


1 comment: